The Rural Municipality of St Clements has a rich and interesting heritage as this is one of the oldest settled areas of Manitoba, Canada.
- 20,000 years ago: It lay beneath a sheet of ice almost 4 kilometres thick
- 11,000 years ago: It was at the bottom of glacial Lake Agassiz
- 10,000 years ago: The first humans arrived as the lake receded
- 230 years ago: European fur traders arrive, followed shortly by settlers
- Present: St.Clements has over 10,000 full-time residents and 5,000 cottagers
We want to share our history and stories with you!
These stories, which tell of the accomplishments of our pioneers,will be an inspiration to all.
We have information about the history of the R.M. of St. Clements:
- For students interested in learning about local history
- For residents wanting to know more about the story of where they live
- For visitors who want to know where to find our heritage sites
To find out more about modern day St. Clements visit their website at rmofstclements.com.